- Does the Serial/IP Redirector provide auto-reconnect or stay-alive features? [Article]
The auto-reconnect feature is controlled by the check box...P Control Panel.
If your serial server supp
- Does using a redirector and a device server affect the timing of data transmissi... [Article]
...k communications between a redirector and a device server
attached modem or serial port. Very few applications are s...
- How can Terminal Services/Citrix users access a modem/serial server that require... [Article]
Tactical's redirectors (specifically, DialOut/EZ and Serial/IP) offer four methods for providing credentials for authentication.
However, only the Use Credentails Below method
- How do I answer calls through your software when using a Cisco router with digit... [Article]
Cisco routers with digital modems (Mica, NextPort...ems (Mica, NextPort) are not able to
- How do I enable the COM Port Control protocol on Digi TS series devices? [Article]
In the port setup of the Digi TS select "Printer" as the port type. The
Port Number entered in Ser...ed in Serial/IP will then be (2000 + the TS port
number), so Port 1 on the TS can be accessed on TC...
- How do I make pcAnywhere work correctly with the DialOut/EZ redirector? [Article]
Our software requires that pcAnywhere be version 8.02 or greater.
... DCD/DSR After COM Port Open" box is checked
under Application Com...ation Compatibility if your modem server
- I'm using a modem server that does not support COM Port Control and my Dial... [Article]
Make sure that you have enabled "DTR is Modem Escape" and "Assert
DCD/DSR After COM Port Open" in ...
- If the License Manager is placed behind a firewall, what are the issues I need t... [Article]
There are two issues related to firewalls:
The L...cepts connections on TCP port 2392. If a
firewall...l is between the license server and the client, th...
- My VPN software is issuing error messages saying that the routing table is being... [Article]
In version 4.2 an option was added to the redirectors to control
automatic updates of the routing ...rol
automatic updates of the routing table. To disable these updates:
In the redirector Control ...
- Where do I find the license key in your products? [Article]
.../EZ and Serial/IP Seat Edition clients, you
will find the license key by clicking the Licensing button on the
product's Control Panel.
The DialOut/EZ and Serial
- Which hardware modem servers are compatible with DialOut/EZ? [Article]
The following modem servers are known to work with DialOut/EZ:
- What wireless modems are compatible with COM/IP or Serial/IP? [Article]
Any wireless modem (cellular or radio) that accepts incoming raw TCP/IP connections will work with Serial/IP or COM/IP. Tactical recommends the following wireless modem manufacturers as they a
- Which serial servers support SSL encryption to access the serial ports? [Article]
The following serial servers support SSL/TLS encryption for both authentication and data transfer: ...
- What is COM Port Control (RFC 2217)? [Article]
Please refer to the Tactical Software Technical Note COM Port Control.
- The DialOut/EZ Redirector is unable to dial-out through a Cisco server, the trac... [Article]
The underlying problem is that the "Password OK" ...word OK" from the Cisco
server is being processed...om a
modem, which it is not.
This problem can b...
- Using DialOut/EZ with a Cisco router, why are connections failing with a DSR: 0 ... [Article]
This is an IOS bug in the router that has been fixed. The Cisco cas...at has been fixed. The Cisco case number for this issue is CSCec172...
- I upgraded from DialOut/Server to TacServe and now I get "Client not licens... [Article]
...ch will cause DialOut/EZ TacServe Edition clients to not work
To use our DialOu
- Are Tactical's products supported on VMware? [Article]
Yes, we support VMware as a platform.
The Tactical Software redirector can either be installed ...
- Can I make VPN connections using a modem on a modem server? [Article]
... with two exceptions:
If you are using a Citrix server, the operating system prevents the use of m...one such connection.
If you have used a VPN to reach the n
- Can I use my Shiva Lanrover with a Tactical Software redirector? [Article]
...anrover (a modem server from Intel...erver from Intel that is no longer...
available or supported) does not ...public TCP/IP protocols, and is