- Are Tactical's products supported on VMware? [Article]
Yes, we support VMware as a platform.
The Tactical Software redirector can either be installed ...
- Can I make VPN connections using a modem on a modem server? [Article]
... with two exceptions:
If you are using a Citrix server, the operating system prevents the use of m...one such connection.
If you have used a VPN to reach the n
- Can I use my Shiva Lanrover with a Tactical Software redirector? [Article]
...anrover (a modem server from Intel...erver from Intel that is no longer...
available or supported) does not ...public TCP/IP protocols, and is
- Can I use the COM/IP Redirector with a serial device server? [Article]
Yes. The COM/IP Redirector can be used to convert modem-based
app...applications to use serial device servers. This eliminates the nee...
- Can I use the DialOut/EZ redirector and a modem server for fax applications? [Article]
...es, if the modems on the server are fax modems tha...r are fax modems that support Class 2
or Class 2....2.0 fax and you remember to set your PC faxing sof...
- Can I use the DialOut/EZ redirector for a dial-in application? [Article]
Our COM ports can be used to receive cal..., but
keep in mind that one modem on th...at one modem on the server ends up ̶...1; for use by
the listening application...
- Do I need to have the same COM port numbers defined in the client redirector and... [Article]
No, they are independent.
- How do I send DTMF signals through a Cisco digital modem? [Article]
Cisco routers with digital modems require that an...t of any DTMF data (dual tone multi-frequency) tha...ial string after a phone number. For more
- I can use an IP address to specify a device server or license server. Using a ho... [Article]
Verify that the Windows "nslookup" command can resolve the DNS
name. If it can't, the Tactical So...an't, the Tactical Software product won't be able to
resolve it either.
Tactical Software product...
- I'm faxing through your software and see garbage characters, lines of the f... [Article]
First ensure that you are sending a Class 2 or 2.0 fax. Class 1 f... 2 or 2.0 fax. Class 1 faxes are too time sensitive to be successf...
Incorrect flow control settings is a common c
- Is it possible that Windows will show device conflicts for virtual COM ports cre... [Article]
The virtual COM ports created by Tactic...cal Software redirectors do
not use IRQ...There are two cases that might arise, ho...
- Is there a way to allow INT14 and FOSSIL based DOS programs to use the virtual C... [Article]
Send an email to Tactical Software Support support@tacticalsoftware...al port bridge application.
This is a
- Under Windows 2000/2003 and NT 4.0 Server, Windows is holding open all the modem... [Article]
Disable Routing and Remote Access. It is holding the modems open waiting for an incoming call.
- What can cause problems during setup and configuration of Tactical Software prod... [Article]
Make sure that you are logged onto the machine wit...to the machine with administrator
rights during i... Modification of the COM port settings may
- When I install the redirector, the virtual COM ports do not appear in the Window... [Article]
...sions of Windows, the virtual COM port will not show up
in the Por...he Device Manager. However, there is no loss
of functionally and y...
- When I use a VPN to connect to a network, can I use the DialOut/EZ Redirector fo... [Article]
Although modem servers can be used over a VPN for...rly all
applications, this specific configuration...cific configuration does not work due to an
- When using Dial-Up Networking, why does my PC lose access to parts of my local a... [Article]
...tworking causes a new “default route” to be added to the
routing table once a successfu...d to the
routing table once a successful session is initiated. If the local LAN
contains multiple ...
- When using the DialOut/EZ redirector with my application I am unable to complete... [Article]
Verify that the telephone number is entered corre... decimal point (.) separators in the n
- When using the DialOut/EZ redirector, is there a way to hear the modem sounds du... [Article]
It is not possible for the DialOut/EZ redirector ...ctor to emit the sounds
that the modems are makin...
- Why aren't certain COM ports available for redirection by your software? [Article]
Our redirectors are able to create any v...ate any virtual COM port from COM1 to
C...om COM1 to
COM4096 that is not already ...