Using the DialOut/EZ Redirector
In the DialOut/EZ Control Panel:
- Choose the COM port numbers for virtual COM ports
- Configure each virtual COM port to a modem pool IP address and TCP port number
- Use Auto Configure to verify modem pool connectivity and get appropriate port settings
In your application:
- Open any virtual COM port to reserve and access a modem in the modem pool
- Read/write serial data, as with a local modem
- Close the virtual COM port to release the modem back to the modem pool
For more, see the DialOut/EZ Quick Start Guide.
Is the 30-day trial software a full version of DialOut/EZ?
Yes, for up to 256 active ports. Download and run the DialOut/EZ installer, leaving the license key blank to begin the trial period.
Can I extend my trial period past 30 days?
Yes, contact us.
Can I move the site license to a different server?
Yes, contact our tech support team.
Are software updates and tech support free?
Yes. Your purchased license key permanently enables the software and updates are available for download at no charge. We provide expert technical support at no charge, before and after your purchase.
Can I create more virtual serial ports than I use at one time?
Yes, you can create and configure up to 4,096 virtual ports. Your DialOut/EZ license key controls only the number of simultaneously active (open) ports.
How can I tell if I should be using the COM/IP redirector instead?
If your application uses AT commands to make modem connections but the endpoint is a networked device (not a modem), use COM/IP.
How can I tell if I should be using the Serial/IP Redirector instead?
If your application does not use AT commands, use Serial/IP.