Using the Serial/IP Redirector
In the Serial/IP Control Panel:
- Designate up to 4096 ports as virtual COM ports
- Set the endpoint IP address TCP port number for each COM port
- Use Auto Configure to verify endpoint connectivity and recommended port settings
In your application:
- Open any virtual COM port to open connection to endpoint
- Read/write serial data, same as with a real COM port
- Close the virtual COM port to terminate connection to endpoint
For more, see the Serial/IP Quick Start Guide.
Can I increase the number of active ports of my current license?
Yes, by purchasing a Redirector License Upgrade.
Is the 30-day trial software a full version of Serial/IP?
Yes, for up to 256 active ports. Download and run the Serial/IP virtual serial port installer, leaving the license key blank to begin the trial period.
Can I extend my virtual COM Port Redirector trial period past 30 days?
Yes, contact us.
Are software updates and tech support free?
Yes. Your purchased license key permanently enables the software and updates are available for download at no charge. We provide expert U.S. based technical support at no charge, before and after your purchase.
Can I create more virtual serial ports than I use at one time?
Yes, you can create and configure up to 4,096 virtual COM ports. Your Serial/IP license key controls only the number of simultaneously active (open) virtual ports.
How can I tell if I should be using the COM/IP redirector instead?
If your application uses AT commands to make modem connections, use COM/IP to connect to TCP/IP endpoints or use DialOut/EZ to access a modem pool to call modem endpoints.