Using the TacServe Modem Pool Server
In the TacServe Tool on the server computer:
- Create a Port Group that will provide one or more modems on demand at a TCP port number you choose
- Select local COM ports to join this Port Group
In the DialOut/EZ Control Panel on each client PC:
- Choose the COM port numbers for virtual COM ports
- Configure each virtual COM port to the IP address of the modem pool server and TCP port number of the Port Group
- Use Auto Configure to verify modem pool connectivity
In your application:
- Open any DialOut/EZ virtual COM port to access a modem in the TacServe Port Group
- Read/write serial data, as with a local modem
- Close the virtual COM port to release the modem back to the TacServe Port Group
For more, see the TacServe Quick Start Guide.
Is the 30-day trial software a full version of TacServe?
Yes, for up to 256 active ports. Download and run the TacServe installer and leave the license key blank to begin the trial period.
Can I extend my trial period past 30 days?
Yes, contact us.
Are software updates and tech support free?
Yes. Your purchased license key permanently enables the software and updates are available for download at no charge. We provide expert technical support at no charge, before and after your purchase.
Can I create a modem pool with more modems than I use at one time?
Yes. Your TacServe license key controls only the number of modems that are simultaneously active by being connected to a DialOut/EZ virtual COM port.